Paella

Paella
You are what you eat?

Thursday, August 18, 2011

An old new leaf...

Okay then, this is the start... well actually re-start of my blog. I promised recipes and although not really a recipe per se. Consider this an initiation into the mind of a food-eye.
Well, I thought I wanted a blog a couple months ago and so I got one. I wrote a couple posts in it and then like so many other things I proceeded to forget about it. Refreshing old friendships has renewed my interest in writing again and one of the things I am passionate about is (as you can tell by my girth) is food. Now what does this picture of a seemingly gastric attack of a couple hot dogs have to do with real food you might ask? You see, there are people that like food well enough. I mean they know that if you don't eat, you die. Then there is the other camp, the people that can't just eat food... they have to have food that TASTES GOOD! Sure you can throw a wienie in a pan of water or in a microwave, get it warm, throw it on a bun and douse it with mustard or ketchup and call it good. But come on! Does that do anything for your senses? Does that please your sight, hearing, touch, smell, or taste? Now imagine a hot dog, say a Hebrew National, boiled or grilled, a tasty wheat bun toasted, some cabbage finely minced, some sweet onion also finely minced, a squeeze of ketchup, mustard, mayo, and then to top it off, crushed potato chips. With each bite you get the crunch from the  chips and veggies, sweet ketchup, smooth mayo, sour mustard, savory dog, crisp exterior to soft bun. There is a difference. Really. You dig?

No comments:

Post a Comment